Monday, May 31, 2010

Diana Ross Surrender album


Surrender [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED]
One of my favorite albums by Diana Ross back in the early 70's is being remastered
and will be released Dec,2008


Surrender," the third solo album by Diana Ross, gets 'expanded' with nine bonus tracks!

Following the smash success of the solo hit "Ain't No Mountain High Enough," written and produced by Nick Ashford & Valerie Simpson, Motown President Berry Gordy Jr. requested another album from the team. The result was the critically-acclaimed "Surrender" containing the now-classic singles "Remember Me" and the title track.

"Surrender: Expanded Edition" contains the beautifully remastered original album and nine bonus tracks including "Baby I'll Come," the only unreleased song from the "Surrender" sessions plus incredible alternate mixes and versions. Closing out this special set is the original vocal demo by songwriter/producer Valerie Simpson who also sat for a brand new interview exclusively for the liner notes by Soul Music.com's David Nathan.

The CD booklet contains song-by-song commentary and trivia - and several stunning, rare and previously unpublished photographs from the Harry Langdon sessions for the original LP jacket.

Tracks:
1. Surrender
2. I Can't Give Back The Love I Feel For You
3. Remember Me
4. And If You See Him
5. Reach Out I'll Be There
6. Didn't You Know (You'd Have To Cry Sometime)
7. A Simple Thing Like Cry
8. Did You Read The Morning Paper?
9. I'll Settle For You
10.I'm A Winner
11.All The Befores
12.I'm Still Waiting
13.Baby I'll Come (prev. unreleased)
14.Remember Me-"Diana" vocal/undubbed stereo mix (prev. unreleased)
15.Reach Out I'll Be There (prev. unreleased)
16.I Can't Give Back The Love I Feel For You-Alt. Vocal (prev. unreleased)
17.Ain't No Mountain High Enough-Alt. Vocal & Mix(prev. unreleased)
18.Remember Me-Alt. Vocal & Mix(prev. unreleased)
19.Surrender-Alt. Stereo Mix (prev. unreleased)
20.Remember Me-Valerie Simpson Demo Vocal (prev. unreleased)


the album surreneder came out in 1971
surrender the single charted on the billboard charts at#38
which i thought it should of been at least in the top 10
the album was one of my favorite albums and blessed they are
bring out as a remastered with bonus tracks .

The album surrender was her third album after solo album after leaving the most popular female group the Supremes.
Diana Ross was the lead singer of the supremes and she still
makes her music shine all around the world .

Being a christian Diana Ross music was very inspirational
to me and touches the heart of many fans around the world



HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW

No comments:

Post a Comment